Saturday 19 April 2014

Glasgow revisited : Part 2

when oya & I were in Glasgow, among the "must visit" were Strathclyde Uni campus where she was staying & studying. the campus somehow seemed a bit bigger than I remember. anyway, my old college building is now called Metropolitan college, after GCBP was upgraded to GCU in early 90s (after I graduated).



we also went to Byres Road, at Glasgow's West End, where I lived for 2 years when I was working at a QS firm upon graduation. we had lunch at Peckham's, a well known café/deli which was packed at lunch time. I used to go to Peckham's on the way home after work to buy their famous "millionaire shortcake". it cost only 50p then, now its £1.39 for the same size!




from there we walked to my old flat at Athole Gardens.


and then off to Hillhead subway for Glasgow city centre

Hard Rock Glasgow had just been opened 5 months ago just outside Buchanan Street subway station.  Oya is a collector of HRC tshirts




after that we went to Italian Centre, Merchant City where oya lived for a while in a flat just above Emporio Armani..



from there we walked to George Square, went into City Chamber building and then off to the shopping areas on Buchanan Street and Argyle Street and Central Station. our Glasgow tour ended at 7.30pm and got a lift from Gee back to Fenwick.

No comments:

Post a Comment